Tuesday, April 29, 2014

a tale of two blessings

Oh, I am SUCH a liar! 

((Liars go to hell!!-----YEARS ago Patrick and I were watching COPS or some such show and a man got pulled over and yelled that at the officer.  hahaha,  I think of it almost anytime I use the word liar.  Liars go to hell!!  hahahahha)

Anyways.

I should never EVER say I'll "be back later" because that is pretty much the kiss of death.  I am lucky I am back here at all after that.  geez.

How are you?  I am good.  Even though the skies are GRAY, I am good.

I have a story for you.

So, Ruby wanted dwarf hamsters for her birthday.  Looking on Amazon, the larger cages were pretty expensive and I was feeling like we had spent a lot of money lately so I was a little bummed.  We had heard that two dwarves can usually/sometimes live together if they were raised together and so we wanted two so they wouldn't be lonely.  But that meant we needed a big cage.  I scoured Amazon one night and had a couple in my cart to decide on, priced between $80 and $130, which seemed like a lot. 

The next day I was out doing errands and thought that even though I didn't really feel like it, I would just run in goodwill and see if they had anything.  Sitting in the furniture area were not one but TWO Hamster cages!  One was actually a reptile cage that retails for $150.00, 30 gallon, so it was plenty big for two dwarf hamsters.  It was $13.99.  The other was a smaller hamster cage, the kind that go for around $40, and it was $4.99.  It was kind of hilarious, like God Himself all but handed them to me.  :)  I was soooooo thankful and kind of shocked but then again, not really.  I have seen and time and time again how God gives me just what I need through the thrift stores.  That might sound stupid but it has happened too many times to be a coincidence.  (also, no coincidences anyways.)  ;)  For other reasons, I was kind of down that day, too.  It felt like such a big hug from God, I get teary thinking about it.  (He loves us!!)  ANYWAYS.  I got them, both of them, just because it seemed silly not to.

The two girls, Penny & Dorothy, started out happily together in the large cage...we just kept the small one in the garage.  A couple of weeks went by in hamster bliss and then I saw Dorothy (?? we could never really tell them apart) attack Penny one morning!  She was all up in her face, jumping around her, and then attacked!  Penny laid down and played dead...it was crazy to see it all happen.  After a very dramatic few minutes, we got them separated.  The pet store had told us this was a possibility and if it happened they would need to be separated for good.  Okay.  Not a big deal since we have TWO CAGES.  Awesome, much??  :)

 (That creepy-shaped thing in the cage above is a water dish.  I know what it looks like.  I didn't know that when we ordered it.)

Since all of this happened, about two weeks ago, we have renamed them Naughty & Nice.  Naught got the small wire cage and Nice got the hamster palace.  (I know that is judgemental but you had to be there!!)  A week ago, we got to feeling bad for Naughty.  Even though she is in a cage that is supposedly just right for a critter her size, it felt too small.  We now have her in a larger plastic tub and she seems to love it.  (but she is still naughy (aka bites).)  The extra cage is back in the garage and I will probably sell it on ebay.  :)  James now wants a hamster but I think a clear plastic tote is a great cage and that's what we'd do for him. 

This post does not end here.  I have one more crazy blessing story to tell you.

So, last week or the week before my sister and I got to go to the Dig by ourselves.  Right before we went in I said, kind of joking, to keep her eyes open for a rooster costume because Ruby was going to be a rooster in her play in a couple of weeks.  She laughed and said she would.

We were in the store for a while, digging to our hearts content.  She was across from me digging and all of a sudden I saw her eyes get huge.  Like, comically huge.  She said, "THAT LADY JUST FOUND A ROOSTER HEAD!"  My heart stopped.  I turned around and sure enough, a woman was standing there laughing with her friend and holding a rooster costume head.


I could not believe it!!  I hesitated for a split second and then rushed over to her and told her our story.  We were all laughing, my sister still looked shocked, and she gave it to me.

Of course she did.  :) 

Of all the years I've been going to the Dig (14!!!), I don't remember ever seeing a Rooster head before.  :)  God provides.  And He has a fantastic sense of humor.

The ending to the story is that Ruby saw the head and was like, NO WAY.  :)  Last weekend I whipped her up a simple head out of an old tshirt and some stuffed fleece.  (she is just wearing it with a white tee and yellow leggings)  I am sending the official head with her to school though, just in case.


And my God will supply every need* of yours according 
to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.  
-Philippians 4:19

*even hamster cages & rooster heads

xoxoxo







1 comment:

Mim said...

We have such an awesome God! The same kind of stuff happens to me. I'm sure some of the workers at the Goodwill think I'm insane as I will call out Thank you God when I find that certain thing I've just been hunting for online.

Sorry to hear about the hamster hate going on. It's hard to imagine one of those cuties being so vicious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...